Ukraine war updates on April 16, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies fired a total of 61 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day; in particular, they opened fire 33 times on Donetsk direction, times on 20 Mariupol direction and 8 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy continues shelling of Ukrainian positions in Stanytsta Luhanska; Russian armed forces used APCs during attacks against Ukrainian troops between Tryokhizbenka and Krymske; a series of Russian provocations with the use of mortar fire and small arms took place near Schastya, Krymske and Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka remains the hottest spot on this direction, powerful mortar shelling continues around the clock there; number of Russian armed shellings decreased around Horlivka suburb; ceasefire regime reported in Zaytseve; but the village of Leninske, which is located on the west of Horlivla, was shelled by Russian proxies with the use of APCs; a series of enemy’s provocation also took place near Donetsk airport and the village of Verkhnyotoretske;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy does not stop mortars shelling upon Ukrainian troop positions near Maryinka and Krasnogoryvka; Russian forces also opened fire from 82-mm mortars near the villages of Taramchuk and Berezove; to this end, the enemy opened fire with 120-mm mortars upon Ukrainian forces in Starohnatyvka and Shyrokino;
(5) Admiral Sergiy Hayduk fired by the President Poroshenko’s decree for “systemic weaknesses in the performance of official duties, as well as low credibility among staff.” General of Naval Forces of Ukraine, Igor Voronchenko replaced Sergey Hayduk;
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian troops, but 2 servicemen wounded in action over the last 24 hours in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Image credits mediarnbo.org