Ukraine war updates on April 17, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine is tense. Russian armed forces opened fire about 50 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day; in particular, 30 times on Donetsk direction, 12 times on Mariupol direction and 8 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy concentrated its activities in Stanytsya Luhanska, Tryokhizbenka and Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Zaytseve, Mayorsk, Avdiivka and Pisky remain the hottest spots; Russian armed forces released 100 mines of the 82-mm caliber and 20 mines of the 120-mm caliber upon Ukrainian troop positions there; to this end, 1/2 of all shellings on this direction fulfilled from the mortars, forbidden by the Minsk agreements; Ukrainian servicemen were forces to returned fire to stop Russian armed provocations;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime all across the frontline; in particular, near the settlements of Maryinka, Dokuchaevsk, Pavlopil and Shyrokino; 2 shellings from the forbidden mortars reported on this direction over the day;
(5) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action and 3 servicemen wounded in action over the last 24 hours in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Image credits mediarnbo.org