Ukraine war updates on April 22, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense: Russian armed forces opened fire in total 30 times over the last day, including 7 shellings from the forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy arms; The enemy fired 10 times on Donetsk direction, 15 times on Mariupol direction and 5 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Grenades with different systems, large-caliber machine guns and small arms were referred by Russian forces over Ukrainian soldiers in the area Tryokhizbenka; The enemy also violeated ceasefire regime in Zolote; to this end, Russian forces fired upon Ukrainian armed forces positions as well as cross-points in Stanytsa Luhanska;
(3) Donetsk direction: the enemy intendified its activity on this direction over the last day; in particular, each 2nd shelling fulfilled with the mortars fire; Russian forces opened fire with mortars, machine guns and grenade launchers upon Ukrainian positions in Avdiivka, Zaytseve, Verkhnyotoretske and Kirove; Russian proxies also used APCs during shelling at Luhanske;
(4) Mariupol direction: the hottest direction over the last 24 hours; the enemy opened fire with mortars, grenades and anti-tank missile system in Shtrokino; Ukrainian positions in Maryinka have been shelled by Russian snipers under the guise of various caliber weapons;
(5) Ukrainian troops were forces to returned fire 7 times over the day with the use of small arms and grenade launchers to suspend Russian provocations in the region;
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian troops, but 2 Ukrainian servicemen wounded in action near Avdiivka over the last 24 hours in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Image credits mediarnbo.org