Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 10, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified. Russian hybrid forces opened fire 62 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including: 6 times on Luhansk direction, 28 times on Donetsk direction and 28 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces used various caliber mortars, heavy machine automatic and antitank grenades in Novooleksandrivka; the enemy opened fire with small arms in Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces attacks with the use of heavy forbidden 122-mm artillery reported in Luhanske; the enemy launched a dozen of attacks with 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns upon Ukrainian troops positions in Avdiivka, Verkhnyotoretske, Kamyanka and Novoselivka Druha; Russian occupiers actively used grenade launchers and machine guns against Ukrainian forces in Zaytseve, Luhanske, Novgorodske and Nevelske; in the meantime, the enemy’s APCs were spotted in Verkhnyotoretske, Novgorodske and Mayorsk and open fire from anti-aircraft installation;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime with 120-mm and 82-mm mortars upon Ukrainian positions in Krasnogorivka, Talakivka, Novotroytske and Shyrokino and released more than 100 mines; the enemy’s attacks with grenade launchers and heavy machine guns reported in Hnutove; Russian occupiers actively used armored vehicles in Shyrokino and Maryinka as well as as well as Russian snipers fire reported there; Russian armed provocation with the use of small arms reported in Berezove and Vodyane;
(5) 8 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone, in particular on Shyrokino – Vodyane, Luhanske – Troytske directions and over Donetsk;
(6) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 5 killed and 7 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 5 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.