Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 13, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified again. Russian hybrid forces launched 61 attacks against Ukrainian troops over the last day, in particular the enemy opened fire 14 times on Luhansk direction, 16 times on Donetsk direction and 31 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire all across the front direction from the village of Lopaskine to Stanytsya Luhanska; tense atmosphere reported in the village of Zovte, where the enemy opened fire from APCs, grenade launchers, machine guns and small arms; the enemy also fired with grenade launchers and small arms at Syatytsya Luhanska; Novooleksandrivka reported as the hottest spot on this direction, where Russian occupiers released 8 shells from forbidden 122-mm cannon artillery and 13 mines from 120-mm mortar launchers; Russian grenade launchers and small arms fire reported in Novozvanivka; another Russian armed provocation reported near Krymska and Noviy Aydar;
(3) Donetsk direction: 1/2 of all Russian attacks reported at Svitlodarska line and Avdiivka industrial area; Russian occupiers fired with grenade launchers of different systems, small arms and released 28 mortar mines in Avdiivka industrial area; the enemy’s 3-hours-long endless shelling upon Ukrainian troops positions took place in Luhanske; Russian grenade launchers fire reported also in Nevelsk and Mayorsk, where the enemy released 42 mortar mines; Russian grenade launchers, small arms and APCs fire were used by the Russian occupiers in Zaytseve area;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian hybrid forces opened fire all across the front line round the clock; the enemy actively used APCs, grenade launchers and small arms near Starognativka, Maryinka, Shyrokine and Bogdanivka; in addition, Russian occupiers 4 times used 120-mm and 82-mm mortars in Maryinka and Krasnogorivka;
(5) 7 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone over the last day;
(6) Russia continues supply of its troops and proxies in southeast Ukraine, in particular: 6 tanks, 3 self-propelled artillery, 2 APCs arrived to the village of Kuzyny; 5 Russian military trucks arrived to Sorokun;
(7) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 1 killed and 6 wounded;
(8) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 2 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.