Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 8, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified again. Russian hybrid forces opened fire 61 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including: 6 times on Luhansk direction, 24 times on Donetsk direction and 31 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire on the southwest from Schastya; the enemy’s attacks with grenade launchers reported in Lopaskino; the enemy also opened fire upon Ukrainian position in Zhovte and Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spots reported at Svitlodarska line, Zaytseve and its suburbs, Avdiivka industrial area and Donetsk airport; Russian hybrid forces released in total 150 mortar mines and 20 artillery shells upon Ukrainian positions on this direction; tense situation reported at Krasnogorivka – Avdiivka front line, where the enemy actively fired from mortars of different calibers and released 50 mortar mines upon Ukrainian positions; Russian occupiers released more than 20 shells from heavy forbidden 122-mm artillery at Luhanske and Mayorsk; the enemy used grenade launchers fire during their attacks at Svitlodarske, Luhanske and Troytske; Russian forces also used APCs in Luhanske and Troytske;
(4) Mariupol direction: Ukrainian forces successfully repelled back Russian subversives group assault near Starognativka; the hottest direction all across the war zone; Russian hybrid forces launched 25-minutes-long attack with the use of heavy forbidden 122-mm artillry and released 45 shells upon Ukrainian positions in Pavlopil; Maryinka, Krasnogorivka, Lopaskine, Vodyane and Novotroytske suffered from Russian mortar and grenade launchers fire; Russian forces fired with high caliber machine guns at Shyrokino and Starognativka; Russian armored vehicles actively used by the enemy in Shyrokino, Starognativka and Maryinka; Russian snipers fire reported 3 times near Maryinka and Hnutove;
(5) Number of Russian UAVs increased over the sky in the war zone, in particular 6 Russian UAVs were spotted by Ukrainian intelligence there over the last day, including 1 Russian UAV on Luhansk direction, 3 on Donetsk direction and 2 on Mariupol direction;
(6) Russia continues supply of its hybrid forces with the manpower and annumition, in particular: 70 Russian militants arrived to Novoazovsk from Russia and 50 more to Debeltseve;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 11 (!) servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.