Ukraine war updates on March 4, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense; Russian armed forces fired 57 times upon Ukrainian positions over the last day: 46 times on Donetsk direction and 11 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the situation remains calm over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed troops fired with MLSR BM-21 Grad upon Ukrainian positions near Krasnogoryvka; the enemy also used forbidden 82-mm mortar launchers near Opytne; Russian provocations and shelling took place across the whole front line; the hottest spots were Svytlodarska line, Horlyvka area and Donetsk airport; Ukrainian settlements Zaytseve, Lozove, Mayorsk, Luhanske, Troytske and Pisky have been shelled by the enemy with the forbidden grenade launchers of various calibers as well as heavy machine guns;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime along the whole front; two times the enemy fired with forbidden 82-mm mortar launchers; once Ukrainian troops returned fire; Russian troops opened fire upon Ukrainian armed forces positions near Maryinka, Lebedynske, and Pavlopol with the use of various caliber grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms;
(5) Ukrainian journalist Mariya Varfolomeeva freed from the Russian terrorists’s captivity, where she spent 419 days;
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian forces over the last day, 3 Ukrainian servicemen were WIA.