Ukraine war updates on April 12, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Overall intensity of attacks in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains high. Combined Russian-and-militant forces fired a total of 79 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day. They used high-caliber forbidden by the Minsk agreements weapons. Highest number of attacks reported last week was 91. In particular, Russian forces opened fire 69 times on Donetsk direction, 9 times on Mariupol direction and 1 time on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violeated ceasefire regime near Stanyutsya Luhanska;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka remains the hottest spot. Russia’s proxies fired 19 times upon Ukrainian troops in this area with the use of mortars and smaller-caliber weapons; Russian forces shelling upon Zaytseve, Mayorsk, Avdiivka and Donetsk airport continue round the clock; the enemy used forbidden 120-mm and 82-mm mortar launchers to fulfilled endless shelling upon Ukrainian positions near Pisky, Mayorsk, Zaytseve, Luhanske and Kamyanka; Russian militants used armored infantry fighting vehicles to open fire at Luhanske, Butivka mine and Novotroyitske; local civilian in Mariynka was heavy wounded by Russian sniper fire and died while transporting to the hospital;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy fired upon Ukrainian troops positions all arcoss the frontline, including the use of forbidden APCs fire;
(5) Russia-backed militants were firing upon their own positions aiming to discredit Ukrainian troops. Militants open fire close to the contact line in the evening when OSCE monitors are not patrolling the area;
(6) Ukrainian troops returned fire eight times over the last day;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 3 servicemen were wounded in action during the last 24 hours.
Image credits mediarnbo.org