Ukraine war updates on April 9, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 73 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, in particular 58 times on Donetsk direction and 15 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: situation was calm over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka remains the hottest spot and 1/2 of all shelling on Donetsk direction reported in the industrial area of this town, Russian armed forces and their proxies released at least 50 mines there, used sniper fire as well as forbidden by the Minsk agreements 122-mm 2S1 Gvozdika during attacks on Ukrainian troops positions; one civilian (woman) died as a result of such Russian attacks and 2 residential houses damaged; Ukrainian troops were forces to return fire to save their own and civilians’s lives; Russian UAV Orlan-10 shot down by the Ukrainian intelligences near Avdiivka; Russian forces used armored vehicles while shelling Ukrainian forces positions on Svitlodarska line; the enemy also opened fire upon Ukrainain positions in the suburb of Horlivka and Donetsk airport with the use of mortar launches; to this end, Russian snipers shelling reported in Pisky;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces fulfilled artillery attack and released 10 shells on Ukrainian positions near Pavlopil; the enemy used 2S1 Gvozdika two times in Novotroytske; 3 Russian mortar shelling took place in Pavlopol; Russian armed provocations took place near Shyrokino, Hnutove, Novotroyitske; Russian snipers fire reported near Maryinka;
(5) Ukrainian intelligences report on the new facts of ‘Russian military aid’ (weapons and military equipment) supply to Russian servicemen and proxies in the eastern regions of Ukraine; in particular, 2 eshelons with weaponry and equipment (including 4 tanks T-72), ammunition and 280 tonnes of diesel fuel arrived to Illovaisk; Russian echelon with weapons, military equipment and 160 tonnes of fuel arrived to Khartsyzsk;
(6) 9 Russian servicemen killed and 21 more wounded hospitalized over the last day in the war zone in eastern Ukraine;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 5 servicemen were wounded in action during the last 24 hours, in particular – 4 near Avdiivka and 1 near Donetsk airport.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.
Tags: donetsk oblast EMPR luhansk oblast NSC russia ukraine war