Ukraine war updates: daily briefings as of March 16, 2016
Image from mediarnbo.org
Ukraine war updates on March 16, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) Russian armed forces intensify their attacks in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last day: Ukrainain positions came under Russian fire 1 times on Luhansk direction, 33 times on Donetsk direction and 6 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian enemy violated ceasefire regime once near Popasna; another epicenter of Russian attacks reported near Troytske;
(3) Donetsk direction: epicenter of Russian fire reported near Novotroytske and Zaytseve; Russian armed forces continued powerful attacks using mortars and APCs upon Ukrainain positions near Zayteve and Avdyivka on Svitlodarska line; Ukrainian troop positions near Novgorodske an Luhanske came under Russian forces fire from heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, small arms and APCs; Russian armed forces opened sniper fire at Nevelske (on the west from Donetsk); situation in Mayorske, Pisky and Maryinsky district reported as calm;
(4) Mariupol direction: 2 combats of Russian armed forces with Ukrainian troop took place in the area of Novotroyitske, Russian attacks successfully repelled; in addition, Russian proxies used forbidden 120-mm mortar launchers during their attacks there; finnaly, the enemy opeded series of fire upon Ukrainian forces positions in Shyrokino;
(5) Russin railway echelon with ammunition for small arms and artillery arrived to Illovaysk railway hub – Ukrainian intelligence service reported;
(6) 3 Ukrainians, 2 servicemen (Grygoriy Zavizion, Petro Eroshevych) and 1 civilian (Vadym Petrenko), have been freed from Russian captivity in the war zone in eastern Ukraine;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, but 6 Ukrainain servicemen were wounded in action.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.
Tags: donetsk oblast EMPR luhansk oblast NSC russia ukraine war