Ukraine war updates on March 8, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) The situation intensifies in the war zone in eastern Ukraine; Russian armed forces fired 54 times upon Ukrainian positions over the last day: 41 times on Donetsk direction and 13 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the situation was calm on this direction over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: the epicenter of Russian fire reported in Avdyivka, Pisky, Mayorsk; the enemy used forbidden 82-mm and 120-mm mortar launchers and tanks; powerful 4-hours shelling of Ukrainain forces positions took place near Luhanske and Lozove; Russian armed forces also fired upon Ukrainain positions near Opytne, Troyitske, Luhanske, Novgorodske and Lozove with the use of grenade launchers and heavy machine guns;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces continue fire upon Ukrainain forces positions in Maryinka district, near Hranytne, and across the Gnutove – Shyrokyno front line;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, but 3 Ukrainain servicemen were wounded in action.