Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 22, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 28 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last 24 hours, in particular: 2 times on Luhansk direction, 13 times on Donetsk direction and 13 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian armed forces continue firing at Novozvanivka with APC, grenade launchers and small arms;
(3) Donetsk direction: the enemy used heavy fire across several areas; in particular, Russian artillery were used in Mayorsk; Russian occupiers released 130 mines from mortar launchers upon Ukrainian defenders in Troytske; Russian forces fulfilled massive shelling with the use of forbidden 152-mm artillery, heavy cannons, grenade launchers and machine guns in Avdiivka industrila area; Ukrainian positions in Butovka mine came under the enemy’s attacks from mortars of forbidden 82-mm caliber; in addition, occupiers fulfilled attacks with automatic grenade launchers at Verkhnyotoretske and Luhanske; finally, Russian amed forces released 20 artillery shells from forbidden by the Minsk agreements self-propelled gun mounts of 120-mm caliber upon Ukrainian position in Mykolaivka Druha and Mayorsk (on the north of occupied Horlivka);
(4) Mariupol direction: no heavy shelling from the enemy’s side reported on this direction over the last day; meantime, Russian forces continue shelling at Maryinka and Krasnogorivka with the small arms and sniper fire; Russian forces opened fire upon Ukrainian troops positions in Vodyane; the enemy conducted a series of armed provocation in Talamchum, Novotroyitske, Hnutove and Talakivka;
(5) Russian armed forces and proxies losses in the southeast Ukraine are as follows: 1 killed in action and 4 wounded in action;
(6) 2 Russian UAVs were spooted over the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day;
(7) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian servicemanas well as no wounded in action reported in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.