Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 11, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone became worse. Russian armed forces and their proxies dramatically increased number of attacks, in particular they opened fire 94 times (51 times the day before) upon Ukrainian troops positions, in particular: 17 times on Luhansk direction, 48 times on Donetsk direction and 29 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: 1-hour-long Russian firefight reported near Stanytsya Luhanska; Russian armed provocation also reported near Zolote; Russian forces released 16 shells from forbidden heavy 122-mm artillery upon Ukrainian positions in Novooleksandrivka and 14 more shells at Novozvanivka; the heaviest combats took place near Popasna, where the enemy released 20 mines and 44 shells from mortars and grenade lauchers,
(3) Donetsk direction: 2 massive Russian artillery firing (70 shells released in totoal) reported in Novgorodske (the enemy used 122-mm artillery) and Mykolayivka Druha (152-mm artillery); Russian mortars were used round the clock all across the frontline; Russian firing reported at Svitlodarska line, Horlivka, Avdiivka industrial area, Opytne, Krasnogorivka, Novgorodske and Troytske; to this end, Russian occupiers fulfilled attacks upon Ukrainian troops with the use of grenade launchers, armored vehicles, high caliber machine guns and small arms;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian massive combats reported all across the frontline; the enemy release at leat 160 mortar mines upon Ukrainian positions; the enemy used forbidden 120-mm mortars against Ukrainian troops in Maryinka, Talakivka, Vodyane and Novogrygorivka; Russian occupiers used 82-mm mortars in Shyrokino, Krasnogorivka, Hnutove and Maryinka; remain the hottest spots for Russian fire;
(5) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 3 killed and 8 wounded;
(6) Ukrainian troops took captive 3 Russian occupiers, including people with Russian citizenships and 1 Russian sniper from regular armed forces;
(7) 3 Ukrainian servicemen were killed in action, 16 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.