Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 17, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 77 times in total in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day, in particular: 9 times on Luhansk direction, 31 times on Donetsk direction and 37 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces actively used forbidden by the Minsk agreements 82-mm and 120-mm mortars as well as high caliber machine guns and grenade launchers near Novooleksandrivka and Noviy Aydar; another Russian provocation reported near Lopaskine;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spots remain in Avdiivka industrial area and in Zaytseve, where Russian forces launched artillery, mortar firing and used grenade launchers of different calibers; APCs and mortars have been used by Russian occupiers during attacks at Pisky and Opytne; Russian mortar shelling reported near Butovka mine; the enemy used grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms during shelling at Zaytseve during the day time and they add mortar and APCs fire during shelling at the night time; another Russian shelling reported near Luhanske; the enemy also used mortars during firing at Nevelske and at antiaircraft installations at Krasnogorivka; to this end, 11 Russian shelling fulfilled from heavy weaponry;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian attacks reported all across the front line; the enemy used all available types of weaponry while shelling at Shyrokino; Russian forces actively used artillery near Pavlopol and Vodyane; Russian occupiers used forbidden mortars near Maryinka, Hranitne, Hnutove and Talakivka; Russian APCs fire reported near Maryinka and Novotroytske;
(5) Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky at the in Mariupol Oblast, Ukrainian intelligence reports;
(6) Russia continues supply of its troops and allies in eastern Ukraine, in particular: 3 tanks of fuel and lubricants arrived to Rovenky railway hub; 5 APCs arrived to Snizhne from the territory of Russian Federation;
(7) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 2 killed and 3 wounded;
(8) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 4 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.