Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 2, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone remains tense as Russian forces continue Minsk agreement violations. In particular, they opened fire 48 times upon Ukrainian troops positions (1 time on Luhansk direction, 28 times on Donetsk direction and 19 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian armed forces opened fire once near Popsna with the use of small arms;
(3) Donetsk direction: 2 Russian artillery shelling reported in Luhanske with the use of 122-mm artillery and 120-mm mortar launchers; the enemy also actively used mortar fire all across the contact line; Russian forces intensify active firefights against Ukrainain troops after 6pm all across the front from Zaytseve to Avdiivka industrial area; the hottest spots remains in Verkhnyotoretske, Troyitske and Avdiivka, where the enemy used 120-mm mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns; to this end, 12 Russian attacks fulfilled from forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy weapons;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy used forbidden mortar fire 5 times in Krasnogorivka, Dokuchaevsk and Shyrokino and released 90 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions; in particular, Russian forces uased forbidden 120-mm mortars against Ukrainain troops in Krasnogorivka; Ukrainain posions in Talakivka, Novotroyitske and Berezove also came under Russian fire; intensive Russian firing continue all across the contact line; there are no calm section on Mariupol direction;
(5) Russian armed forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine are as follows: 5 killed and 7 wouned;
(6) Russian unit of the 331 st Airborne regiment of 98th Airborne Division of the Russian Airborne Troops arrived to Donbass, Ukrainian intelligence reports;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 2 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day (all cases in Donetsk Oblast).