Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 20, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces opened fire 54 times over the last day, in particular: 6 times on Luhansk direction, 24 times on Donetsk direction and 24 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers launched attacks from 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers of various systems and heavy machine guns at Stanytsya Luhanska; Russian antiaircraft installations were used by the enemy in Novozvanivka; Russian APCs fire reported near Novooleksandrivka; to this end, the enemy uased small arms 5 times while shelling at Ukrainian troops positions in Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka remains the hottest spot on this direction, where the enemy released about 50 mortar mines; in particular, Russian forces actively used 120-mm and 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms during attacks upon Ukrainain troops positions there; as result, 19 y.o. civilian was killed by the Russian fire in Avdiivlka; Russian occupiers also fired with 120-mm mortars at Mayorsk and with 82-mm mortars – at Butovka mine, Opytne and Zaytseve accordingly; the enemy opened fire upon Ukrainian posirions in Donetsk airport with mortars, grenade launchers and machine guns; another 20-min Russian attack at Ukrainain troops position reported near Svitlodarsk; to this end, Russian armed forces and their proxies continue actively used newest electronic warfare equipment against Ukrainain troops;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy released 12 shells from forbidden by the Minsk agreements 122-mm artillery upon Ukrainian positions in Shyrokino as well as used there 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns; Russian occupiers used 120-mm and 82-mm mortars during attacks against Ukrainian troops in Talakivka; Ukrainian positions in Krasnogorivka, Hnutove and Vodyane als ocame under Russian mortar fire; the enemy luanched firing with different types of small arms at Maryinka, Slavne, Starognativka and Novogrygorivtsy;
(5) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 6 killed and 7 wounded;
(6) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian serviceman as well as no wounded in action reported in southeast Ukraine over the last day.