Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 21, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified. Russian occupiers opened fire 70 times over the last day (54 times the day before), in particular: 6 times on Luhansk direction, 33 times on Donetsk direction and 31 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime in Stanytsya Luhanska and Novooleksandrivka with the use of grenade launchers and small arms;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces luanched massive mortar attacks on this direction; in particular, the enemy’s 4-hours-long firing with heavy weponry reported in Zaytseve suburbs and Avdiivka; in particular, Russians used 122-mm artillery during attacks at Avdiivka, Semygirya, Kodema and Kamyanka as well as 120-mm and 82-mm mortars in Dacha, Novgorodske, Zaytseve and Avdiivka; mentioned above, resulted damages for residential houses in Avdiivka, there is no watter and electricity supply there; Russian 82-mm mortar firing also reported in Mayorske and Troytske (Svitlodarska line); Russian forces also violated ceasefire regime in Luhanske, Novgorodske – Yasynuvata area and Butivka mine with grenade launchers and high caliber machine guns; to this end, Russian forces opened fire 12 times from the heavy weponry on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy actively shelled Ukrainian positions all across the frontline round-the-clock; in particular, Russian occupiers opened fire upon Ukrainian positions in Vodyane and Talakivka with 122-mm self-propelled artillery (40 shells released) and 120-mm mortars; in the mentime, the enemy used 120-mm and 82-mm mortars in Shyrokino and Krasnogorivka; Russian snipers activated their actions near Maryinka and Hnutove; to this end, Russian forces fulfilled 3 artillery and 11 mortar attacks on this direction;
(5) 12 Russian snipers among regular Russian armed forces arrived to Svitlodarsk with the newest sniper rifles of caliber 12,7 mm, Ukrainian intelligence reports; besides, 23 military trucks arrived to Krasnodon; 3 Russian wagons with ammunition and buses with manpower (up to 200 ppl) arrived to Sverdlovsk; 6 Russian self-propelled howitzer ‘Gvozdika’ arrived to Makiivka;
(6) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian serviceman reported over the last 24 hours, but 5 servicemen were wounded in action reported in southeast Ukraine.