Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 22, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 66 times over the last day, in particular: 10 times on Luhansk direction, 30 times on Donetsk direction and 26 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers launched attacks against Ukrainian defenders with forbidden 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns in Stanytsya Luhanska; the enemy used small arms in the village of Syze; to this end, Russian firing also reported in Novozvanivka, Novooleksandryvka and Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka remains the epicenter of Russian attacks, where Russian attacks didn’t stop round-the-clock, and where, in particular, 120-mm and 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms have been actively used; the enemy opened fire from forbidden 120-mm and 82-mm mortars at Novoselivka Druha and released 40 mines there; Russian forces launched attacks upon Ukrainian positions in Mayorsk, Verkhnyotoretske, Opytne and Pisky with 82-mm mortars; another Russian armed provocation with grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms reported in Luhanske and Nevelske; to this end, the enemy opened fire from heavy machine guns near Troytske; in the center of the city of Donetsk Russian occupiers launched new Russian electronic warfare “Shypovnik-Aero”, Ukrainian intelligence reports; to this end, 8 Russian attacks were launched from heavy weaponry on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: a group of 10 Russian subversives faild an attempt to attack Ukrainian fortification point in Maryinka; Shyrokino and Krasnogorivka are the hosstest spots om this direction; the enemy released 70 mines during 1 hours from 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers upon Ukrainian troops in Shyrokino; Russian forces launched a series of attacks with 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers in Krasnogorivka and Maryinka; the enemy fired with high caliver machine guns in Vodyane and Novogrygorivka; Russian occupiers also used Russian APCs near Talakivka; to this end, 6 Russian attacks were launched from heavy weaponry on this direction;
(5) Russian armed forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 3 killed and 7 wounded;
(6) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 2 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.