Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 3, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone dramatically intensified. Russian forces and their proxies opened fire 69 times (48 times the day before) upon Ukrainian troops positions, in particular: 31 times on Donetsk direction and 38 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: no ceasefire regime violations reported on this direction over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: 50% of Russian forces firing took place in Avdiivka industrial area, where they used grenade launchers of different systems, small arms and machine guns; the enemy released 18 mortar mines at Opytne and 30 mortar mines at Novoselivka Druha; intensify firefights between Russian and Ukrainian forces took place in Luhanske, where the enemy used heavy arms against Ukrainian troops, in particular they released 36 shells from forbidden 122-mm cannons and 119 mines; tense situation reported also in Horlivka area (Novgorodske, Zaytseve and Novoselivka) and Mayorsk, where Russian occupiers used APCs fire, grenade launchers and mortars; to this end, 10 Russian attacks fulfilled from forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy weapons;
(4) Mariupol direction: combats between Russian forces and Ukrainian troops continue all across the frontline; 82-mm and 120-mm mortars have been actively used by the enemy on this direction; in particular, Russian mortar shelling took place in Krasnogorivka, Maryinka, Talakivka, Starognativka and Berezove and they released in total 98 mines upon Ukrainian positions; in addition, the enemy used APCs fire near Krasnogorivka and Maryinka as well as released 3 artillery shells near Vodyane; Russian occupiers also grenade launchers, high caliber machine guns and small arms near Shyrokino and Novogrygorivka; besides mentioned above, Russian sniper fire reported in Shyrokino and Novotroytske; to this end, 13 times Russian opened fire from forbidden heavy weapons;
(5) 6 Russian UAVs spotted over the sky in southeast Ukraine over the last day; one more UAV spotted crossing Russia – Ukraine border;
(6) Russia continues to supply its regular armed forces and proxies with weaponry and ammunition: 7 tankers of fuel and lubricants arrived to Rovenky railway hub;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 4 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.