Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 4, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone dramatically intensified. Russian forces and their proxies opened fire 61 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, in particular: 3 times on Luhansk direction, 38 times on Donetsk direction and 20 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian snipers violated ceasefire at Bakhmut root by 30-min endless firing; Russian provocations took place in Novooleksandryvka and Novotoshkyvske;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces actively used heavy arms all across the frontline round the clock; in particular: artillery shelling reported at Zaytseve and Pisky, while mortar shelling all along the front at Horlivka – Avdiivka – Donetsk airport; especially powerful firefights between Ukrainian armed forces and Russian occupiers reported in Mayorsk and Avdiivka industrial area; to this end, 13 times Russian forces opened fire from heavy weaponry on this direction over the las day;
(4) Mariupol direction: situation remains tense; Russian forces actively used artillery fire at Talakivka – Shyrokine front direction and released 80 shells upon Ukrainian troops positions; also the tense atmosphere reported in Maryonskiy district; to this end, 11 times Russian opened fire from forbidden heavy weapons;
(5) 4 Russian UAVs spotted over the sky in southeast Ukraine over the last day (Maryinka, Novotroytske);
(6) Russia has the following losses among its troops and allies in the war zone in southeast Ukraine: 5 killed and 6 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 2 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.