Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 8, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone intensified. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 63 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, in particular: 1 times on Luhansk direction, 33 times on Donetsk direction and 28 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime once near Novooleksandrivka, ;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces continue shelling; with forbidden mortars all across the frontline; in particular, the heaviest shelling took place near Luhanske, where the enemy released 80 mines; Russian firefights took place in the Avdiivka industrial area round the clock; Ukrainian troops were forced to return fire; civilian hit a mine near Luhanske, now in hospital;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed provocations as well as firefights reported near Maryinka, Dokuchaevsk and Starognativka; two shellings took place in Talakivka and Shyrokino;
(5) 3 times Russian UAVs have been spotted over the sky in Donetsk Oblast, the war zone in eastern Ukraine;
(6) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 2 killed;
(7) Russia continue to supply its regular armed forces and proxies in southeast Ukraine: 14 railroad tanks of fuel and lubricants as well as 4 wagons with ammunition arrived to Illovaysk;
(8) 2 Ukrainian servicemen were killed in action, 6 servicemen were wounded in action and 2 more servicemen hit a mine in southeast Ukraine over the last day.