Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 16, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 41 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last 24 hours, in particular: 1 time on Luhansk direction, 15 times on Donetsk direction and 25 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces armed provocation took place near Novozvanivka, where they used easel antitank grenade launcher against Ukrainian troops;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces rarely decreased number of attacks in the industrial area of Avdiivka, heavy weapons were not applied and the enemy released only 4 mortar mines there; meanwhile, Russian forces continue use of large caliber machine guns and grenade launchers fire during firing at Ukrainian troops positions in this area; at the same time, the number of enemy’s attacks increased at Svitlodarska line, in particular, Russian armed forces released 60 mines of 120-mm caliber against Ukrainian positions near Luhanske as well as actively used APCs fire; to this end, Russian sniper opened fire near Troyitske;
(4) Mariupol direction: from 25 Russian attacks, only 4 were fulfilled from heavy mortar launchers, forbidden by the Minsk agreements, while the rest – from small arms, machine guns and grenade launchers of different systems; Russian sniper fire reported in Krasnogorivka, Maryinka, Granitne and Berezove; Russian forces released 20 mortar mines upon Ukrainian troops positions in Berezove and Novotroyitske;
(5) Russia continues supply of its armed forces and proxies in southeast Ukraine, in particular: 3 military trucks with ammunition and 3 tanks of fuel and lubricants crossed the border into Ukraine through the village of Krasnodon, Luhansk Oblast; 14 tanks (700 tonnes) of fuel and lubricants arrived to Rovenky railway station, 450 tonnes – to the village of Kuteykove, Donetsk Oblast and 2 more tanks of fuel and lubricants arrived to the Illovaysk railway hub; to this end, 5 military trucks with shells for 122- mm MLRS BM-21 Grad and tanks passed through the village of Dyakove, Luhansk Oblast;
(6) Russian subdivision of 45 separate brigade of special purpose airborne descent troops of the Russian Armed Forces, which is based in Moscow, arrived to Novoazovsk, Ukrainian intelligence reports;
(7) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 11 killed and 13 wounded;
(8) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 2 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.