Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 2, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces and their proxies continue Minsk agreement violations in the war zone in southeast Ukraine; they dramatically increase number of shelling over the last day; thus Russian forces opened fire 51 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, including 15 times on Donetsk direction and 34 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: situation was calm on this direction over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces fulfilled a series of attacks at Novoselyvka Druga, Avdiivka and Krasnogorivka and released about 60 mines upon Ukrainian forces positions there; 1 combat reported near Troytske, where Ukrainian troops successfully repelled the enemy’s attack; a series of Russian armed provocation reported in Luhanske and around Horlivka; situation in Donetsk airport was calm;
(4) Mariupol direction: firefights increased on this direction; 2-hours-long combat between Russian forces and Ukrainian troops took place near Maryinka; the enemy opened fire from forbidden mortar launchers in Krasnogorivka, Vodyane and Shyrokino; situation was tense all across the front line;
(5) 2 Russian UAVs spotted over the sky on this territory of southeast Ukraine during the last day (over Avdiidka and Taranchuk);
(6) Russia continues supply its armed forces and proxies in southeast Ukraine with bullets and arms; in particular, 1650 tonnes of fuel and lubricants (33 tanks) arrived to Rovenky railway station; 10 tanks and 7 BM-21 Grads arrived to Luhansk Oblast through Russia-Ukraine border cross point Dovzhanskiy;
(7) Russian forces losses in Donbass war over the last day are as follows: 2 killed and 3 wounded (near Troyitske and Maryinka);
(8) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman over the last 24 hours, but 2 servicemen wounded in action in southeast Ukraine (in Troyitske and Zaytseve).