Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 21, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 41 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last 24 hours, in particular: 2 times on Luhansk direction, 21 times on Donetsk direction and 18 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian sniper fire reported at Schastya and Novozvanivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces concentrated attacks in Verkhnyotoretske, which is located on the southwest from Horlivka, where they used forbidden by the Minsk agreements 82-mm mortar fire, grenade launchers of differnet systems and small arms; Russian forces fulfilled a series of wide attacks from the north to the west of Horlivka, in particular from Kirova and Troyitske to Zaytseve and Mayorsk, the majority of them were fulfilled from grenade launchers and small arms, while near Zaytseve one Russian sniper shelling took place; in addition, the enemy released 10 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions in Krasnogorivka; to this end, confrontation around Avdiivka and Butovka mine continue, where Russian forces released 44 mortar mines;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy fulfilled intensive shelling at the south part of Krasnogorivka with the use of tanks, APCs, mortars and grenade launchers, which resulted injuries for 2 civilian women; Russian forces fulfilled mortar shelling at Shyrokino, where they released about 40 mortar mines, used APC, grenade launchers and small arms fire; Russian armed provocations reported near Taramchuk, Maryinka and Hnutove;
(5) 2 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 5 more servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.