Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 4, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces continue ceasefire violations in southeast Ukraine; Russian forces opened fire 49 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, including 3 times on Luhansk direction, 15 times on Donetsk direction and 31 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces fired at Stanytsya Luhanska and Novooleksandrivka with the use of armored vehicles, rocket launchers and heavy machine guns;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces actively used forbidden by the Minsk agreements 82-mm and 120-mm mortars while shelling at Avdiivka, Opytne, Novoselivka Druha, Pisky and Nevelske; the enemy released in total 46 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions; 1 Ukrainian civilian was wounded as a result of Russian shelling at Avdiivka and transported to the hospital; 1 hour – long Russian artillery shelling from 122-mm artillery took place near Avdiivka; the enemy fulfilled armed provocations near Zaytseve and Luhanske with the use of small arms, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns;
(4) Mariupol direction: the hottest spot remains in Maryinka, where Russian forces opened fire from 82-mm mortars and 122-mm artillery upon Ukrainian troops positions; Russian forces also actively used mortars against Ukrainian servicemen in Krasnogorivka, Pavlopol and Hnutove and released in total 121 mines; Russian forces fired at residential areas in Maryinka and Krasnogorivka as a result, houses of civilians have been damaged;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 5 servicemen wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.