Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 6, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces continue ceasefire violations in southeast Ukraine; Russian forces opened fire 34 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, including 3 times on Luhansk direction, 12 times on Donetsk direction and 19 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire in Stanytsya Luhanska and Novozvanivka, inclusing 1 time from forbidden by the Minsk agreements mortar launchers;
(3) Donetsk direction: powerfull heavy shelling fulfilled by the enemy all across the frontline; Ukrainian forces repelled 3-hours-long Russian attack near Mayorsk; another powerfull Russian shelling from 122-mm howitzers took place in the village of Yasnobrodivka (Yasynuvata district, 15 km from the contact line (!)), where the enemy released about 40 shells upon Ukrainian troops positions; in addition, Russian forces fulfilled mortars shelling in Svitlodarska line, Horlivka line, Avdiivka and Donetsk airport); passangers movement toward cross point in Zaytseve was temporary suspended as of endless shellings;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces used several times mortar and tank fire in Maryinka district against Ukrainian troops over the last day; another Russian shellings took place near Novotroytske, Pavlopol, Talakivka and Shyrokino; to this end, 6 times Russian forces opened fire from heavy and forbidden arms over the last day on this direction;
(5) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 4 heavy wounded;
(6) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 7 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine (Mayorsk, Avdiivka) over the last 24 hours.