Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 7, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces continue armed provocations and ceasefire violations in southeast Ukraine, they opened fire in total 32 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including 1 time on Luhansk direction, 14 times on Donetsk direction and 17 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire near the village of Sokilnyky (Novoaydar district) from the Russian anti-tank guided missile 9M133 Kornet;
(3) Donetsk direction: situation remains tense, firefights between Russian and Ukrainian forces took place all across the frontline, there were no calm plots at the front; Russian forces released in total 150 mines of different calibers upon Ukrainain forces over the last day; Russian proxies opened fire upon Ukrainian troops positions near Avdiivka, Butovka mine, Opytne and Novoselivka Druha from all types of small arms and forbidden 82-mm mortars; Russian forces conduct shelling at Mayorsk, Zaytseve and Luhanske from grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and small arms; in addition, 2 hours-long Russian shelling upon Ukrainian forces positions with the use of small arms, APCs, sniper fire as well as forbidden 120-mm mortars (40 mines have been released) took place near the settlement of Mayorsk and Mayorsk cross point; 11 Russian shelling fulfilled from the forbidden mortar launchers;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces conducted powerful shelling at the settlement of Bogdanivka from 122-mm self-propelled howitzer 2S1Gvozdika; the same forbidden by the Minsk agreements tyoe of weapon were used by the enemy while shelling at Maryonka, Dokuchaevsk, Pavlopol and Shyrokino; in addion, Ukrainian positions in Maryinka, Krasnogorivka, Novotroyitske, Shyrokino and Kirovske have been shelled by the Russian forces with the use of small arms, grenade launchers and forbidden by the Minsk agreements 82-mm mortar launchers; to this end, 9 mortar shelling took place on this direction;
(5) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 2 killed and 4 wounded;
(6) Security Service of Ukraine detained 2 Russian militants in Bakhmut district and the settlement of Torez;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 9 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.