Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 9, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces continue ceasefire violations in southeast Ukraine, they opened fire 36 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including 1 time on Luhansk direction, 23 times on Donetsk direction and 19 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces continue shelling in Popasna district;
(3) Donetsk direction: hard firefights between Russian forces and Ukrainian troops reported in Avdiivka industrial area and near Butyvka mine; the enemy concentrated heavy weapons and equipment at the contact line, in particular, mortar and artillery battery were spotted at the Yasynuvata – Mineralne – Spartak – Donetsk line; Russian forces opened fire two times from the heavy 152-mm cannons; Russian mortars shelling also took place all across the frontline; beside that, tense situation reported at Svitlodarska line, Zaytseve, Mayorsk, the village of Pivdenne, Opytne and Pisky; to this end, Russian forces 14 times opened fire from heavy arms on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: the epicenter of Russian-Ukrainian firefights remains in Novotroytske; where the heaviest Russian artillery shelling took place, in addition, Russian mortars were used there 4 times and finally, 30 cannon shells and 40 mortar mines were released toward Ukrainian troops positions; beside that, the enemy’s provocations and shelling took place all across the frontline from Maryinka to Shyrokino; to this end, Russian forces 9 times opened fire from heavy arms;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs spotted over the sky near Bakhmut root, Avdiivka and Krasnogorivka;
(6) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 2 killed and 3 wounded;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action, 4 Ukrainian servicemen were wounded in action and 1 Ukrainian border guard was wounded in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.