Ukraine war updates on May 13, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine became worse: Russian armed forces and their militants firing in total 10 times upon Ukrainian forces positions over the last day, including 3 times on Luhansk direction, 2 times on Donetsk direction, and 5 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime in Krymske as well as in Popasnyanskiy district (Stepne and Novozvanivka) with the use of small arms, grenade launchers and APC fire in one case;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces opened fire 2 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in Avdiivka industrial zone with the use of grenades of different systems, small arms, heavy machine guns as well as forbidden 82-mm and 120-mm mortars, and released in total 20 mines during 2-hours endless firing;
(4) Mariupol direction: the hottest spot on this direction reportedly was Novotroytske, where the Russian occupiers fulfilled a series of shellings upon Ukrainian positions; another armed provocation took place in Shyrokino; to this end, 3 mortars forbidden shellings reported on this direction over the last day;
(5) The recent Russian armed forces’ losses in the war zone in eastern Ukraine are as follows: 3 killed and 3 wounded were transported to Makiivka city hospital No1; in the meantime, 4 killed and 3 wounded Russian soldiers were transported to Donetsk Oblast hospital;
(6) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian servicemen as well as no wounded in action in the war zone, but 2 servicemen from Ukrainian armed forces injured due to the undermining of explosive device along Horlivka front line.