Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of May 26, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces and militants don’t stop shellings all across the frontline in southeast Ukraine: they opened fire in total 28 times, including 6 times on Luhansk direction, 12 times on Donetsk direction and 10 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers fulfilled 2-hours shelling upon Ukrainian forces positions in Novozvanivka with the use of infantry fighting vehicles and anti-aircraft installations; another Russian armed provocation with grenade launchers against Ukrainian servicemen took place in Stanytsya Luhanska;
(3) Donetsk direction: combats continue in Avdiivka, Luhanske and Zaytseve; Russian forces used APCs, mortar launchers and sniper fire there; in particular, shellings dont stop in the suburb of Donetsk and Horlivka, thus the enemy used forbidden by the Minsk agreements grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and 82-mm mortars against Ukrainian troops at the south from Avdiivka; in addition, Russian forces opened fire against Ukrainian positions near Maryinka with the use of small arms; 3 Russian shellings fulfilled with the use of heavy arms on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: situation has not been changed so far, the enemy’s attacks reported all across the frontline from Krasnogorivka to Shyrokino; in particular, Russian forces opened fire with heavy machine guns and grenade launchers at Shyrokino; to this end, Ukrainian troops were forced to return fire near Novotroytske upon Russian subversives;
(5) 6 Russian UAVs were spotted over the Ukrainian territory during the last day;
(6) Russian armed forces losses in fighting in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 3 killed and 19 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 3 Ukrainian servicemen were wounded in action (as a result of sniper fire) in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.