Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of May 29, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces and their militants continue opened fire in total 30 times in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day, including 5 times on Luhansk direction, 13 times on Donetsk direction and 12 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers continue firing in Stanytsya Luhanska and Popasna district; a residential house totally burned in Stanytsya Luhanska – local authority reports;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spot on this direction was the village of Novoselyvka Dryga in Yasynuvata district, Donetsk Oblast, where the enemy attempted to storm Ukrainian strong point; Russian forces released 230 mines, 150 artillery shells and 122-mm howitzers fire upon Ukrainian troops positions; Russian artillery shellings reported in Opytne and Avdiivka while mortars shelling took place all across the front line; tense situation remains in Luhanske and Butovka mine;
(4) Mariupol direction: intensification of Russian fire on this sector significantly reduced, but the enemy shellinngs took place all acroos the front line from Shyrokino to Krasnogorivka; Russian forces open fire 2 times with forbidden mortars upon Ukrainian troops positions near Novotroytske;
(5) 5 Ukrainian servicemen killed in action and 4 servicemen wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.