Ukraine war updates on May 8, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation intensified in the war zone in eastern Ukraine: Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire in total 12 times over the last day;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy opened fire at Ukrainian forces with the use of grenade launchers near Stanytsya Luhanska;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces repeatedly opened fire from grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms upon Ukrainian troops positions near Avdiivka; the enemy used APCs and small arms against Ukrainian forces near Luhanske;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces fulfilled attacks at Ukrainain positions near Taramchuk with the use of grenade of different systems and small arms, as well as the forbidden by the Minsk agreements 120-mm mortars; the enemy also violated ceasefire regime near Shyrokino;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 1 serviceman was wounded in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours.