NSC news & analysis center briefing at 12:30 February 09, 2016: highlights
February 9, 2016 | 14:47
News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine presents the latest updates from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine on February 9, 2016 at its daily briefing.
(1) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime by the 120-mm mortars shelleing near the vilage of Troitske, right between Luhansk and Donetsk Oblast; it was the 1st time shelling for a long time of silence there;
(2) Donetsk direction: situation does not changed; warfare continues all along the front line; the enemy used mortars and hardware;
(3) Mariupol direction: the enemy concentrated activities in Krasnohorivka, Maryinka and Gnutove; Russian armed forces used 82-mm mortars and small arms; Russian snipers fired upon Ukrainian soldiers’s position in Maryinka; Russian militants’s provocation took place near Shyrokyno; 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the Mariupol direction and Azov sea;
(4) No casualties among Ukrainian armed forces over the last day;
(5) 3 trucks with humanitarian aid from foreing charity organization moved inside the war zone throught the Maryinka checkpoint yesterday;
(6) Military trainings for mechanized units among the Ukrainian armed forces conducted by U.S., Canada, and Lithuania trainers at the Yavoriv firing ground.