Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 7, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 54 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, in particular: 5 times on Luhansk direction, 23 times on Donetsk direction and 26 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers violated ceasefire regime Popasna and used grenade launchers fire in the village of Krymske and Novozvanivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian hybrid forces opened fire all across the front line and actively used heavy weapons, in particular 1/2 of all attacks fulfilled with mortar fire; Zaytseve, Novoselivka Druha, Avdiivka and Svitlodarsk reported as the hottest spots; the enemy used antitank grenade launchers in Pisky and Butovka mine and high caliber machine guns near Novgorodske; Russian forces provoke Ukrainian troops with small arms in Zaytseve; the enemy fired with infantry fighting vehicles, machine guns and mortars of various calibres at Krasnogorivka – Zaytseve front direction ;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces main activities reported in Krasnogorivka, Maryinka and Shyrokino, where they used actively mortar launchers fire round the clock; Ukrainian troops successfully repelled Russian subversives attack in Maryinka; a series of Russian attacks took place also near Dokuchaevsk, Starognativka and Mariupol suburb; Russian forces fired with grenade launchers at Lebedynske and Pavlopol, while Russian small arms were actively used in Starognativka, Novotroytske, Berezove and Vodyane;
(5) 2 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in Donetsk Oblast and 1 more Russian UAV near Schastya in Luhansk Oblast, war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day;
(6) 3 Ukrainian servicemen were killed in action and 4 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.