Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 3, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified again. Russian armed forces and their proxies launched 71 attacks over the last day, in particular: 15 on Luhansk direction, 30 on Donetsk direction and 26 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian mortars and grenade launchers fire reported in Novozvanivka and Krymske; in the meantime, Novooleksandrivka and Zolote came under Russian grenade fire; Russian occupiers used APCs in Stanytsya Luhanska; Russian sniper fire reported in Novozvanivka; the enemy released more than 100 mortar mines at Krymske and Popasna; to this end, 6 times Russian occupiers used heavy weapons on this direction over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces fulfilled 9-hours-long firing at the residential areas of various settlements nearby the city of Donetsk; in particular, 11 Russian mortars shelling of Avdiivka, Opytne and Zaytseve residential areas recorded by the Ukrainian side, where the enemy released in total 85 mines (8 of them of 120-mm forbidden by the Minsk agreements caliber); 2 residential houses were damaged by Russian fire in the village of Pivnichne (Toretsk District); besides, massive Russian shelling reported in Donetsk airport area and Svitlodarska line; Russian occupiers continue firing at the Krasnogorivka – Avdiivka – Horlivka direction with the use of 120-mm and 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers, high caliber machine guns and small arms; the enemy use APCs fire near Luhansk and Mayorsk; the hottest spot reported in Zaytseve, where Russian forces used heaviest cannon artillery; to summarize, the enemy 24 times opned fire from heavy forbidden weaponry and released 400 mortar mines and 34 artillery shells upon Ukrainian troops position over the 1 day (!), which is definitely a record over the last months;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian occupiers opened fire with mortars of different calibers, grenade launchers and machine guns upon Ukrainian troops positions; hot spots reported in Karsnogorivka; meantime, the enemy used infantry fighting vehicles in Maryinka, Shyrokine, Talakivka and Vodyane; yo this end, Russian massive sniper fire and tank operations reported in Maryinka, which forced Ukrainian defenders to returned fire 10 times; to this end, the enemy launched 7 attacks from heavy weapons on this direction;
(5) 2 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in Donetsk Oblast, the war zone in eastern Ukraine;
(6) Russian forces’s losses in the war zone over the last day are as follows: 1 killed and 3 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian servicemen, but 3 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.