Ukraine war updates on March 27, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) The situation escalates in the war zone in eastern Ukraine for the last day; 48 times Russian armed forces opened fire upon Ukrainian positions with the use of forbidden by the Minsk agreements mortar launchers and cannon artillery; In particular, 43 times Russian armed forces opened fire on Donetsk direction (each 3nd from heavy arms), 4 times they opened fire on Mariupol direction and 1 time on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire once between Stanytsya Luhanska and Schastya in the village of Nyzhnyoteple;
(3) Donetsk direction: the enemy used cannon artillery once again in this direction along Zaytseve – Mayorsk frontline; Russian proxies released about 160 projectiles upon Ukrainian position there; the enemy also actively used mortar fire in Zaytseve, Mayorsk, Leninske, Avdyivka and Opytne; the most tense situation reported near Avdyivka;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian snipers fire took place in Maryinka; Russian 82-mm mortar fire reported in Shyrokyno; Russian armed forces also opened fire in Talakyvka, but Ukrainian troops fired back there;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceme in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, 4 servicemen were wounded in action, and 1 civilian (volunteer-medic) wounded near Avdyivka.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.
Tags: donetsk oblast EMPR luhansk oblast NSC russia ukraine war