President put into effect the NSC decision on a complex of measures aimed at enhancing the defense capacity of Ukraine.
President Petro Poroshenko has signed a Decree, which put into force the NSC decision of September 12 “On a complex of measures aimed at enhancing the defense capacity of the state and on the proposals to the Law of Ukraine “On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2015″ regarding the articles related to the guarantees of national security and defense of Ukraine”.
In acordance with this Decree, the Cabinet of Ministry is assigned to:
1) revise the order of providing soldiers-volunteers to the Armed Forces and other military formations created in accordance with the laws of Ukraine by concluding short-term contracts for military service.
2) take measures to restore the initial military training in secondary schools.
3) form an optimal model of ensuring the security of Ukraine in a month.
4) take into account the priority of defense programs funding in forthcoming draft State Budget of Ukraine for 2015 preaparation process. (the funding of the national defense needs must be at least 3% of GDP).
5) broaden the production of military goods in order to modernize defense-industrial complex.Tags: Petro Poroshenko russia ukraine war