Ukraine war updates on March 28, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense: 50 times Russian armed forces opened fire upon Ukrainian positions with the use of forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy arms. Following the above, Russian forces firing at least 39 times on Donetsk direction, at least 5 times on Mariupol direction and 1 time on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian armed provocation took place near Novozvanyvka, in Popasnyansky district;
(3) Donetsk direction: Tense combats between Russian and Ukrainian forces continue near Avdyivka, where the enemy attacked Ukrainian positions at least 15 times with the use of 82-mm and 120-mm mortars, grenade launchers, machine guns and large-caliber small arms;after that the enemy attempted to seize Ukrainian stronghold there, but Ukrainian troops repelled the attack; a lot of mortar shellings were spotted on this direction, at least 130 mines released upon Ukrainian positions; a series of mortar shelling also took place in Zaytseve and on the north in the village of Kodema; tense situation remains also on Svytlodarska line, Luhanske, Pisky, Opytne and Donetsk airport;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces opened fire upon Ukrainian positions near Novotroyitske with the use of forbidden 120-mm mortar fire; the enemy also violated ceasefire in Maryinka, Taramchuk and Shyrokino with the use of with grenade launchers, machine guns and small arms;
(5) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, and 8 servicemen were wounded in action.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.
Tags: donetsk oblast EMPR luhansk oblast NSC russia ukraine war